The Kentucky & Southern Indiana District Export Council (DEC) is part of a nationwide network of DECs. This organization makes a significant contribution to America’s international competitiveness. It is a diverse group of volunteer international trade professionals who meet to address global issues and awareness. Members are exporters of manufactured products and services, providers of export support services (accounting, finance, legal, transportation, etc.) academia, leaders of non-profit organizations and state and local government. The majority of members are from the private sector. Their knowledge of international business provides a source of professional advice to exporters, as well as to the entire international trade community in Kentucky & Southern Indiana, which are leading exporting states.
- Kentucky exported over $19.3 billion of goods during 2010, ranking 19th highest in total exports among the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Kentucky’s total exports accounted for 1.5% percent of the nation’s exports in 2010.
- Kentucky’s total exports have increased by 101% between 2000 and 2010 (16th highest among the states) and by 12% since 2006 (39th highest among the states).
- Kentucky’s 2010 exports add approximately $4.7 billion to the Commonwealth’s direct state gross domestic product (GDP) and directly create 47,000 jobs.
- Kentucky exported $4,452 of goods per capita during 2010 ranking 11th nationally.
- Manufactured goods account for nearly 96.4% ($18.6 billion) of Kentucky’s exports
- Transportation equipment ranked as Kentucky’s top export in 2010. Exports of transportation equipment valued $6.65 billion were approximately 34.4% of Kentucky’s total exports.
c/o US Export Assistance Center | US Commercial Services
601 West Broadway, Suite 634B, Louisville, KY 40202
Ph: (502) 582-5066 ~ Fax: (502) 582-6573 ~ email: contact us